The Nanome Lobby is where users can sign into an account or sign up. By toggling the 'Remember Me' button, users can automatically be signed in the next time they start Nanome. Users can also start the Nanome Basics tutorial by selecting 'Start Tutorial'.
# Update Banner
The update banner features the latest features that are added in the version that the users are in.
# Creating an Account
An email address is required to create a Nanome account.
Terms & Conditions: https://nanome.ai/terms/ (opens new window)
# Nanome Basics
Nanome Basics is our introductory tutorial that gets the user acquainted with the Nanome virtual environment and controllers. The tutorial consists of 7 levels. Follow the instructions on the Level Panel and the narrated audio to complete the levels.
# Navigating the Tutorial Using Level Panels
A checkmark will appear when each task is completed within a level panel. Users can visit previous levels by selecting the back arrow on the level panel, or skip the current level by selecting the forward arrow on the level panel.
Once the Nanome Basics tutorial is completed, you can move onto Advanced Tutorials (which brings the user into a Nanome workspace and pulls up the Spatial Tutorials menu) or you can exit the tutorial to return to the Lobby.
# Lobby Top Bar
Refresh, Creating a Room, and Settings
# (1) Join by Meeting ID
Users can join a prescheduled meeting in Nanome by entering the Meeting ID provided by the room host. Find out how to create meetings here.
# (2) Creating a Room
There are three Room Types a user can create depending on their Nanome Licence.
- Public Rooms: Anyone can join in the room. available to all Nanome licenses
- Private Rooms: A password is set for the room. Available to Academic and Enterprise
- Single User: Offline mode which no one else can join. Available to Academic and Enterprise
# (3) Public / My Org Server Selector
Indicates connection to Nanome Public Server or Custom Private Server
# (4) Meetings
The Meetings tab is the central location for users to manage and join scheduled meetings. Check out our blog post for more details.
# (5) Settings
In the Setting tab, users can adjust various settings.
- Configuration Viewer
By selecting the Configuration button in the Setting tab, users can view the Nanome Configuration file, which contains additional settings that cannot be controlled directly from within the app. The Configuration file can be located in the same directory as the app build directory.
# Lobby Left Window
The left window in the lobby offers a quick way to make changes to how you interact with Nanome and other users.
- Mixed Reality Toggle - Enables Mixed reality on supported headsets. To check compatibility, check out our Hardware Matrix.
- User Preview - In this window, you'll see a preview of how you'll be seen to others in a Nanome room.
- Mute Button and Voice Indicator - Ability to see your microphone levels at a glance, and mute your microphone while in the lobby.
- Change Avatar - Ability to change how you appear to yourself and others in a Nanome room.